Wednesday, October 1, 2008

My Beautiful Girl


Emma was baptized last Saturday. I am so proud of her, she is a good girl in many ways. She tries hard to please people, especially her parents and teachers. She is so responsible and also very quick to learn. She was very well prepared for her baptism and I hope she will remember what a special day it was!

We had family travel from three different states to be with us: Grammy Lisa came from Denver, Nana and Papa, Aunts Courtney, Kristin, and Michelle, and a cousin Mackenzie all came from CA and UT and it was so fun to have them all. I am grateful for the effort they made because it made the day so much more exciting for Em.

I am going to have a picture done of just Emma in her dress, but I thought the generations of women picture was almost as good. My mom made Emma's dress, it was perfect and we loved it. I had a Mary and Martha insight Saturday morning as we rushed out to be at the church on time, leaving my house in shambles and most of my house guests to get my other kids ready and find the church with a map. I sat thinking of the things I wished I could have done that morning, and I realized that none of it mattered really. I really felt I had all that was important that morning as we sat waiting for everyone else to get there. We had a great spirit in the meeting and although it was not perfect I felt so happy to be there and be a part of Em's special day.

8 comments:

gina said...

A beautiful girl, beautiful dress, sounds like the perfect day.
Congratulations Emma!

Susanne said...

Wow. She is the first of our little group of babies to get baptized. I can't believe we're all going there this year! Who said they could go and grow up?

Your hair looks fabulous cut short like that!

Tracey said...

We are so proud of Emma and she looks beautiful. I know she realizes how much she is loved by her family. Sorry we missed the big day, but we loved not having to share on our visit :)

Mugs said...

Beautiful girl, BEAUTIFUL MOM!! Wow, Katie! You look so good, you mother of four, you.

Mugs said...

What a special day for all of you. Espcecially for Emma in her beautiful dress from Grandma.

Keri said...

aww she looks beautiful! I can't believe you have a child old enough to be babtized! Time is going by so fast!

Emily said...

I'm so glad it was a great day for your family! She is a great girl and so lucky to have two amazing parents!

Nickell said...

I can't believe she is so old. It doesn't feel like it has been that long since we were in the same ward.