Monday, October 27, 2008

Dallas Arboretum

It was such a beautiful day, but the kids just weren't feelin' it and the pictures didn't turn out as well as I had hoped. We fed them lunch right before leaving but they started whining and asking for candy the minute we got there, and they kept giving me these lame half smiles. We could hardly get Ashley to look at the camera, you wouldn't believe how many pictures I got of her staring off into space.

Such a pretty setting, I wish they had cooperated!

Does it seem like there are million people in this picture to anyone else besides me?


This house is made mostly of pumpkins, it has strings and strings of chilies hanging from the ceiling.
This is Uncle Adam, they all love him, especially Nate, he has a man crush.



Ashley actually took this picture. She loves to mess around with my cell phone camera, or my real camera. I don't love it, but she's getting better!

I just love this boy! We forgot his shoes rushing out of the house and he didn't like the grass--when I put him down he stood on one foot and fussed a little.

10 comments:

Susanne said...

Looks fabulous! I was at the pumpkin patch again today thinking the same thing about the lack of cooperation with regards to pictures. Urgh. So, I told myself that at least I'm seeing their personalities come through. But, that doesn't really make me feel better. Darnit. Nate is so stinkin' cute!

Kat said...

I still can't get over how big the basher is. My kids are dying to play with Camille. Any chance she can have a playdate when you're here?

Shanna said...

Love the pic where they are all shading their eyes! So funny. I want to go to that place! (I can't spell the actual word so I had to call it "that place. :) )

Shanna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Keri said...

How fun....this morning Kenzie asked if we could go trick-or-treating at Ashley's house :( Oh how sad! I'm with Kat...we need a playdate when you come out!

Mugs said...

What a good looking family. Hey, they hang up chilies in that pumpkin house? You must be in Texas!

Colemans said...

What an attractive, well styled family (especially you, Katie). The weather looks perfect! I am a little jealous.

cat said...

how fun! you are right, the setting IS perfect. i am loving that house of pumpkins.

Tamara said...

Thanks for coming with us! It's always more fun with your kiddos.

Carrie L said...

Katie, those pictures are adorable. There's just something magical about kids and pumpkins! Can't wait to see how much they've grown NEXT MONTH!