Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Grab the popcorn, here we go:

Black=Ashley talking Green=Me talking Blue=situation description

Mommy, what apple is this? Is this a play one or a real one?
Real.
Can I have a bite of it?

Mom, can you get a toothpick out so I can get that? Showing me apple in her teeth.

Is this a new bracelet?

Pointing to a box of cookies, Mommy what are these for?

Mommy howcome...what are you going to do with the graham crackers?

Watch me how I do it. Biting the apple.

Mommy. You gotta take a bit of this apple, it's soo good! Mmm, yummy yummy yummy.

Mom what did you do?

Mom are we going to play in the nursery? On the way to a Relief Society activity.

Mom what are you going to be making?

Can I have some Honeycombs?

I slowed down to make a left, Mom why are you stopping when there's a green light?
Hey mom I think I saw a police car.

Mommy I made a double sandwich for Bubba. Out of Honeycomb cereal.

Pulling into the church parking lot, Where's Anne Copelands car?

Do we have church on rainy days?

Mom, when can we go camping? I don't know. Howcome we can't go right now?

Picking her up after the Relief Society activity, Mom are we going somewhere else, like shopping?

Howcome you writed a list down? That's why I reminded you.

I am so funny!

Can I have a drink of that?

Mommy, howcome you wroted a list down? No answer, I'm writing.
Mommy! What is that list for?
I'm writing down all the questions you ask me.
Why?
So I can put it on my blog.

So you can read it like every day your on it?

Uh, Mom can I have a drink of your shake?

Mommy howcome they make the tall tower? Driving past the radio tower near our house.

Mommy don't you think it would be cute if I had a tall pony in my hair? And put like a clippy in it.

Mom the garage door is all the way open! As I sit in the driveway writing down the last question.

Grabbing my hand and holding it. That reminds me what I want to make with you. I want to make those yummy cookies that you gave your friends at church today.
No, you have already had ice cream so you can't have anything else until you eat the rest of your apple.
FINE! After all of these apples are done than I'm finished! And I'm not eating anything else!

Why?

What was that sound?

Can we eat kiwi tonight? While still working on her apple.

Wiping the windows inside my car, Can I wipe the other windows Mommy? Because the other window is pretty dirty!
Sure.
Where is the paper towel?
In Nate's car seat.
This is a great day to clean the windows!

Howcome I can't do the other side of the front seat door?

Why?

Hey, what's on me?

Playing with an electric toothbrush, Mom what if the doctor's office had a toothbrush just like mine and they had to spin it on your hand and it tickles?
That would be funny.
That would be hilarious! Can I try that on your hand?

Mommy howcome you're writing like a whole... She's on to me.

Hey Mommy let me show you something it's going to tickle so bad! Sticks the toothbrush under her armpit.

Hey Mom, what if I was eating with my armpit and I had to toothbrush it!

I asked her to do something, I'm too busy brushing my shoe. That head is going in the trash.

What?!

I asked her to scratch my back, Hey Mommy can I scratch it under your shirt?

Mom are you writing me down as laughing?

Mom, tell me all the words you writed down.

Mommy can you read me this page?

Can I walk on your back?

Howcome I can't brush your hair?
You can.
She comes back with a brush and I hear a noise.
Don't toothbrush it!
Howcome I can't toothbrush it?

Mommy can you take your clip out?

Your hair has enough hair for filling the whole entire comb up with hair!

Mommy are you going to write this down?

Did you write my name on there?

Mommy, are you going to make a list every morning?

I'm laying down resting, Mommy where did you get that sparkly eye shadow?

Mom when the little hand is on the four we are going to clean the closet.

Mommy how do you get your nails all shiny when you put nail polish on it?

Mommy, can you read this list? Pointing to a page. This one?

Can I write down a page? No. Howcome I can't do it?

I am trying to take a cat nap before the girls get home from school, Howcome we can't clean the closet right now?

Mommy can you do this so I can pop it? A little toy you turn inside out and it pops back.

Mom, when are we going to have a snack? Cuz I'm hungry.

Mommy can I have some gum? I don't have any. Can I just look?

Mommy can you read the list to me? Not right now. Why? I'm resting. Tomorrow can you read it to me?

On the way to Emma's soccer game, Next time we come to the game can we bring stachios?

Mommy how much water does a firetruck hold? A firetruck doesn't hold water. The hose does?


I pretty much gave up after that. We had the game, came home and ate, and put them to bed. Repeat process tomorrow. Get an idea of what being a mother to a small child is like?

7 comments:

Susanne said...

I *LOVE* this! *LOVE* it! Thank you so much for taking the time to write it all down. I thoroughly enjoyed it and loved the peek into Ash's personality. I laughed out loud over and over again. Makes me want to do it with Simon but I don't think I'll ever be committed enough to do it.

Emily said...

This cracks me up! I'll have to give that a try Zachary sometime...all though I don't think I'd have as much as you! I'm so happy you're blogging more...it's fun to see what you're up too. I'm totally missing gourmet! You'll have to let me know what you and Ann have planned, I'm sure it's going to be amazing knowing you two!

Mary said...

It day like this that make me feel like my IQ drops drastically every day! Oh the joys of being a mother.

Laura said...

LOVED IT! It is amazing what goes through their heads isn't it!

cat said...

so stinking cute! she is such a doll. i should do this for car rides with my kids.
- who would win, a black mamba or a king scorpion?
- who is more powerful, darth vader with yoda powers or general grevious with darth vader powers?
you get the picture.:)
i also love your soccer girls. seriously love it.

gina said...

I so miss that little Ash!! I so feel for you I feel the same way about Trev every day, I swear he never stops talking. So cute!!!

Shakespearsette said...

Hee hee, how cute! Makes me both look forward to and fear becoming a mother. :)