Friday, July 11, 2008

Progress?

One night this week at dinner Ashley was throwing a fit because she wanted a blue cup to drink out of. She is carrying on and on while I'm trying to reason with a pouting exhausted toddler. Emma is offering her suggestions and adding to the confusion and Camille (who has the last clean blue cup) is just observing. Until she says, "I'll trade! I really wanted green anyway." Which isn't true, they always fight over blue. I had tears spring to my eyes, no really. Could I possibly be getting through to her?

Don't worry, when I sent them to bed later Ashley called me "mean mom!" so my head won't get too big.

2 comments:

cat said...

what a sweetheart. those are the moments where you feel like you are actually success at your job, but like you said - they usually don't last long!!!

Tamara said...

Aw. That's so sweet!