Sunday, July 13, 2008

Go Rangers!


Doing our best to experience Dallas life at it's fullest, we went to a Rangers game. After a one hour rain delay (during which we ate hot dogs under shelter) we had a ball. My favorite moment was during the 5th inning, when a Ranger hit a home run. Everybody in the stadium stood and cheered, including all of us and Camille and Ashley, clapping like crazy. They lit off a few fireworks and it was generally exciting. Camille leaned over to Justin and asked (while still clapping) "Daddy, what did he do?"

Since the game went so late, it was well past the kids bedtime in the 9th inning. Ashley claimed her spot on Adam's lap, and there at the end she stretched out horizontally across his legs, threw her head back and said, "I think I'm dehydrated!" We all cracked up and Adam mentioned that she probably didn't even know what that meant. So Justin asked her how you get not dehydrated--"Drink lots of water," she said. Well there you go. Any other questions?

For some reason Nate loves to hang upside down. Perhaps it's to alleviate the gravity pulling down on those cachetes.

Is there anything like this view? I ask you. Hearing the national anthem gets my heart pumping and sends chills down my back. I love being an American at a ball game.

13 comments:

Keri said...

Oh Ashley and the dehydration...would you get that girl some water please? I love it!

Keri said...

Oh Ashley and the dehydration...would you get that girl some water please? I love it!

Kat said...

Seriously, that is one smart cookie! I love that second picture...everyone looks roasting hot.

Susanne said...

I had to read that dehydration bit to John out loud. We had a good laugh! It looks like you guys had a ton of fun!!

cat said...

how fun! ash cracks me up!

Mugs said...

I agree. Nothing beats hearing the national anthem at a good old American baseball game. It's been too long!

Michelle said...

Whoa...check out that chub on Nate...nice work Kate.

Tamara said...

I honestly am not sure if the kids or the game was more entertaining. You can't buy entertainment like this. Thanks for letting us come along!

gina said...

Leave it Ash to make a comment like that, she is a crack up!!!! Nate is looking so cubby now, just like Ashley, my favorite thing is the cute rubberband wrists, it looks so uncomfortable (I think it just reminds me of pregancy swelling) Sounds like a fun time! And it's totally fine with me if you want to do a link to my blog.

Mary said...

Hey, you have been blogging up a storm! Looking good. Thanks to your plea for cuteness help I too have visited the cutestblogontheblock web page. Seeing all you guess makes me excited got our trip and it makes me wish we were closer!

gina said...

I'm diggin the link to my blog! I am sexy aren't I!

Mugs said...

Katie L.
I think I found my blog layout the same place that you found yours! At least, I think I saw your layout at this "leelou" site that my friend told me about. I can't remember the name. If you would like it just email me and I will go find it.

Michelle said...

Your Ash is a HOOT! And I so what squeese Nate! What a chubsters!