Sunday, June 8, 2008

Welcome to Texas!

So they aren't kidding about southern hospitality, the people down here are so nice! Friendly. We are settling in to our new house, neighborhood, school (although it's technically out now), ward, and jobs.
We love our house. It's great to have more space to spread out, and it no longer feels like we are on top of each other all the time. Actually, I had to buy a baby moniter for the first time, because I can't hear Nate cry when he's in his room.
The kids are adapting so well, I'm proud of them. We have made a few new friends already, and they jumped right into school and Emma even brought me home a list of friends with phone numbers.
Tonight we had our first of hopefully many dinner parties with Justin's siblings that live here. It was great although I must say I miss my mom because when she is in charge of the party it is so much more relaxing for me--and the food is always done on time.
I am struggling to put my house together, with two little ones around there is never enough time to jump into those big organizing projects so I end up spending all my time taking care of their needs, and fighting to keep the kitchen reasonably clean and the laundry done.
I do have lots of pictures and I'll try to get on again soon to post some.
Miss you friends and faraway family!

4 comments:

Keri said...

I'm glad you're getting settled! We miss you!

Tamara said...

Well we're not giving you guys back so I do hope you guys are feeling adjusted. Just wait till I get this kid out of me and then we can let the party begin! It'll be like our college days...except with our mini-me's following us around. :)

Stephanie said...

I'm a witness to how beautiful her house is... seriously, I would trade houses with her in a HEARTBEAT! I love everything about it, the floor plan, the amount of sunlight that comes in, the big huge porch, I could go on and it's already decorated so beautifully! I wouldn't be so hard on yourself... you're already waaay ahead of the game. It takes me atleast a good year before I'm completely settled into a new home. We're glad to have you guys out here and my kids are lovin' having their cousins to play with!

Shanna said...

Kate, good to hear from you! I am still organizing my house and it has been almost 4 years! I bet it looks great! I wish I could see it. Miss you friend.