Sunday, June 15, 2008

First casualty


Not feeling the Texas love now. And yes, this thermostat is located inside my house and NO, we did not set that temperature to save $$$.
Last night we all slept downstairs so nobody got heat stroke, and we will have to again tonight. We have to put the kids to bed in the guest room, then move them when we are ready for bed to the floor in the family room. Oh, and Nate has to sleep out there in his port-a-crib too, which means no sleeping in. This morning's wake-up call was 6 am (not counting Ashley going up to my room to find me in the middle of the night and freaking out and crying because it was empty), can't wait for tomorrow.

3 comments:

Susanne said...

uuurrrrggghh! Yuck! I hope you get that fixed SOON!! I'd be DYING!! I'm already having trouble with being pregnant with my thermostat set at 76.

That said, I'm so glad that you are adjusting to TX life well and easily. I love the pic of Nate in the girls' dress. Photo evidence is so necessary!

Jules said...

Katie... so fun to read your blog! We are sure happy to have you here- even though your thermostat would make ANYONE mad! We experienced the very same thing within days of moving in! AHHH! Hope it gets fixed TODAY! It's a hot one! Check out our blog: www.sivleyseven.blogspot.com See ya! Julie

Shanna said...

So does that mean your A/C doesn't work??? I hope it doesn't get that hot with it working! :)
Good luck! Ick!