Saturday, October 6, 2007

Almost ready

I'm getting all my things together, trying to get ready for the kid. I pulled my infant seat out of storage in my mom's basement and got the confirmation from my girlfriends that it is not too girly for a boy. I went to target and bought a few baby blankets, some sheets, boy pacifiers (mine are all pink), my favorite smelling baby lotion, and other necessities like that. I made some new boy burpcloths--my favorite cloth diaper ones that absorb tons of spit. I even started washing new clothes. It is kind of fun, I haven't really had to prepare like this since I was pregnant with Emma! Now if I could just get up enough energy to put my house in some kind of reasonable order, I'd be all set!

8 comments:

Michelle said...

Hi Katie! (I see that you have your name as Kate. Is that what you go by?). It was so fun to see that you had posted on my blog and come over to yours and see what you guys have been up too! I agree that my guys are getting so big. Your girls are sooo grown up!!! Especially Emma. I cannot believe how old she looks! Mark and Carrie told us that you guys were finally getting a boy! Yeah for you!!! Maybe this means when Susanne and I have our next one's we will have girls?! One can hope...
Congrats on the new lil' guy!

Michelle said...

I was going to ask on the last post and forgot. Do you mind if I add your blog link to my page?

Mugs said...

This Thursday, right? Happy pushing little Mom!!

Susanne said...

Woohoo!! I've been thinking about what you might need that I can get for you. I'm so excited for you to have a little fella running around the house! A boy, a boy, a boy!!! Can you feel my giddiness for you coming through??? Let me know what you can use for this precious new boy coming this week!

cat said...

i can't believe that it is SO close! i am all excited right there with you. i wish i could be there to hold him and snuggle him when he is still tiny!

Tamara said...

Yay for another nephew. I never thought I'd say this but it would appear the Lisonbees are due for a bit more testosterone. Congrats Kate!

Katie L. said...

Michelle,
I go by Kate with my family, which is mainly where I blog so that's why I put that. Either is fine. And of course you can put my link on your blog!

Camille,
It's Friday, 6:30am. Two days and three prego nights!

Susanne,
All kinds of things, but you don't have to get me anything!

Cat,
Come for Christmas!

Stephanie said...

WOW, can't believe it's already almost time for the big day! I'm getting nervous for you guys... an excited nervousness, that is.