Saturday, March 6, 2010

Soccer and Jelly Beans

Justin is currently holding a jelly bean draft in our kitchen. He dumped out a bunch of jelly beans and the girls take turns picking which one they want. When they take too long he says, "This is rapid fire draft! You gotta be thinking three turns ahead which one you want." Camille jumped the gun a couple times and had to sit out a couple rounds.

He worked out a deal with them this morning: for every aggressive play they made--steal the ball, assist, score a goal--they get one jelly bean. I've never seen Camille play so hard. Each time she got in the middle of play she would glance over to see if he was looking with a big smile on her face.

Now they have a time limit on eating their jelly beans and then it's bedtime. I love this man.

I love watching the kids play soccer. I was excited this morning to go to their games. I hate all the time it sucks up: practice, driving, three times a week interrupting dinner. That stuff is a pain and by the end of the season I'll be dying for down time, but for now we enjoy watching their excitement at their own progress.

No comments: