Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Ashy Bash

Ashley is currently terrified of bugs, also dogs. She freaks out when she sees a fly in the house. She has to point it out to me and won't relax until we swat it. Heaven forbid it actually fly toward her, it causes a full scale panic. She also points out all spiders and any other crawly things on the ground. It often turns out to be a little piece of mulch from our back yard, but better safe than sorry, right? Just last week the girls were playing outside finding roly polies. Camille loves them and brought one in the house to show me. She and Em were taking turns holding it, and then they took it back outside to let it go. Unfortunately just after earning his freedom Ashley squashed him. She was proud of herself but the other girls came to tell me all distrought and crying. It was quite comical. Our neighbors have two wild little dogs that frequently escape when their daughters go in our out of the house. My kids will run screaming for the house or the back yard when they do, all in terror. Ashley gets so scared she will freeze and just tremble. She likes to see the dogs but prefers they take no notice of her.



A Few of her favorite things include sunglasses, babies, band-aids, playing outside (especially without shoes), fruitsnacks (which she is begging for every morning by 7am), baths, going potty, trying on shoes, purses, chapstick, and Grandma.

She knows the names of all our friends in the ward, but calls the dads only by their last name. Sunday she saw our friend Bill Nalen across the hall and said, "Mom! I saw Nalen!" Jerry Larsen is "Larsen," even when she is speaking directly to him. Anybody we don't know is a "danger." It sounds pretty funny when she runs in from playing outside and says, "Mom, there's a danger!" Meaning she saw someone out there. If we see someone in the store she will either ask, "What's that Mom?" or ask if it's a "danger."
Bash likes to be the center of attention, and get a laugh. She makes faces, pretends to burp at the table, snorts loudly, announces every time she toots, and has a hilarious fake laugh. Once I was getting mad at her because she took off her diaper and peed in her bed during naptime. I sat her on the potty and gave her a mean look to show her I was very upset. She made a little face and said, "Am I funny mom?" I said NO. She then gave a little pout and said, "I wanna be funny!"
She is such a lovey, snuggly little thing. When someone leaves the house to go somewhere she says, "Huggie, Huggie!" and gets very upset if she doesn't get one. She comes up to me lots and asks to be held, or to snuggle me. She also spontaneously grabs my leg or hugs me and says, "I love mommy." She does it to Justin, too. When I get mad at her she won't be happy until I sit and hold her for a minute and she knows I still love her. If I stay mad she hovers around me whining and pouting until I'll stop and hold her a bit then she can go about her business.
I wish I had a picture of this but she has a fettish about getting stuff inbetween her toes. She will sit down and examine them one by one, pulling them apart and swiping with her finger if she finds "nasty the toes!"

3 comments:

Susanne said...

Ash is a crack-up. I can't wait to meet her. she'll probably be in 5th grade by then... Ugh. My kids are also totally obsessed with fruit snacks. We've been getting the Shrek kind at Costco and they have a kniption if they don't get the right character on the dumb wrapper!! Good luck in your single-parent week.

cat said...

what a cutie. i love the picture of her in the bath and the black and white one. i love her little things that she says. you take really good pics.

Susanne said...

Its me again. I am so flipping bored. I've been checking all my friends blogs hoping for something interesting to read... pathetic, huh?? Very! I hope you've had a good week! Love, Susanne