Sunday, November 28, 2010

Someday...

I'll kick my habit of not finishing things.  I just confessed to my sister in law I have not finished a quilt I started with her about 9 years ago.  She says I have serious issues.
Still, I am glad I did the Thanksgiving challenge and I'll try to fill in what I can.

Sunday, Nov. 14th
     We went to church with the Lisonbees, they have a nice ward.  They fed us an early dinner and we went to the Residence Inn for the night, the truck arrived at 8 am Monday morning.  I'm thankful that the Residence Inn was clean and nice. 

Monday, Nov. 15th
     Moving truck delivered all our stuff.  When they got Camille's bike off, Ashley hopped right on and started goofing off--she taught herself to ride it by Tuesday night!  I am thankful the movers put the boxes where we wanted and set up beds.  The gas was not on yet, so I was thankful to have a warm place to stay and take warm showers!  Back to the Residence Inn until Friday.  I was also VERY thankful Justin had the day off, last time he was out of town on buisness on delivery day, and it was tough.  Dee came down to help out too: she started up the crock pot in the morning and it filled the house with yummy smells the whole day.  I' was thankful to have three adults to help watch kids, check things off the inventory, and just have good company.
     We met our neighbors across the street Monday, SCORE!  They are the nicest family!! They were excited to have another family in the cul de sac.  We are gonig to love them.

Tuesday, Nov. 16th
     Thankful to get the kitchen unpacked, and to have Justin around helping again.  He helped the kids do their rooms so they would stop pestering me!

Wednesday, Nov. 17th
     The kids started school.  Ashley's teacher was the BEST!  She took Ashley's hand and introduced her to people, and was so welcoming and friendly.  We love her already.  The other girls also had a good experience, and I'm thankful for that.  Ashley got bumped to the faster class, so she is in the morning kindergarten group.

Thursday, Nov. 18th
     We were still at the Residence Inn, but I'm actually grateful it worked out that way because it was nice to escape from the piles of boxes and come back to washed dishes and a neatly made bed.  Plus, they had free continental breakfast, we all loved that!  The kids had chocolate chip muffins and all the juice they could drink every morning.  More work unpacking, grocery shopping, and sorting everything.

Friday, Nov. 19th
     I went to a little Thanksgiving program Ashley's class did.  She was a cute little pilgrim.  (Pics to come.)  The gas company guy showed up at 6 pm, I was getting worried, but he hooked up the gas so we could use the heater and have hot water.  I was so thankful to be able to wash my hands in warm water!  It is amazing how we take such small luxuries for granted.
     We slept at the house for the first time, and by then the rooms were a little more in order.

Saturday, Nov. 20th
     Dee got tickets to the broadway musical, Beauty and the Beast.  I was so thankful to get away from the unpacking and do something fun.  Not all the kids loved it, but we had a good time watching Nate get into it.  He was very concerned when Belle ("the princess") lost her father.  He told me he needed to go down there and help her!  He kept asking me where the beast was.  He was so good!  I think Emma enjoyed it too.  Thank you Dee!
     After the show we went out to dinner, and it was great to have that break.

Sunday, Nov. 21st
     Went to our new ward for the first time as a family.  I was thankful this day that the ward was so excited to have a new family and so friendly.  After church we went for a quick, cold walk around the resevoir near our house.  I think that will become a favorite spot.  Nate rode his little green motorcycle the whole time, and not only did he keep up we had to keep yelling at him to stop and wait.  When we were too cold to walk anymore, we went back for hot chocolate.  We had a good day of family time and rest, and I'm so grateful for the sabbath.

I think I'll cut it off there for tonight, that is a lot of reading!  I will have to post some pics to break it up.

2 comments:

Kat said...

Oh Kate! I'm so happy to hear your updates and I CAN.NOT.WAIT to see pictures of your new digs. Glad the move went smoothly.

(and I have the same problem as you -is that why we get along?! I LOVE to start a project but don't finish most of them)

Susanne said...

Loved reading your updates!! I am with Kat... bring on the pictures!

PS. I also have a quilt I started 9 1/2 years ago...

I hope I'll get to see you now you're back in CA... but its really still far away! Maybe we'll have to meet halfway.