Wednesday, November 10, 2010

oops!

Friday, November 5th
     I was thankful for Rudys.  The most awesome BBQ in all of Texas.  If you are in the area, don't miss it.

Saturday, November 6th
     I was thankful that we got the house clean and the laundry done.  When I got home Saturday night I sat down to rest, and it was clean and calm.  Also for Tammy, who let us visit Papa and watch the UCLA game Saturday afternoon, then fed my kids dinner when I took an unplanned nap with Natalie in the lay z boy.

Sunday, November 7th
     I was thankful to be in town for my neice Natalie's blessing, and for the delicious taco soup we had for dinner that night with the Dallas Lisonbee clan.  Papa played with the kids outside for hours, literally.  They were all in heaven.

Monday, November 8th
     I was thankful for a good night's sleep, and thankful for Jan and CJ who packed up my house.  They were friendly, helpful, and nice.  They reminded me of things I should keep out and asked enough questions to get it all right the first time.

Tuesday, November 9th
     I was thankful for my friend Julie, who took Nate for the morning to play with her son Bauer.  When she arrived to pick him up, he hesitated to go and told me, "I want to go to California!"  I assured him I was not planning on sneaking off while he was gone, and that he could still come to California with me if he played with Bauer.  Then Julie mentioned Toy Story 3 and he was gone.  Didn't even look back.
      I was also thankful for my friend Amy, who fed us dinner on a crazy night.  She asked me several times Sunday what she could do to help--even though her 9 year old was recently diagnosed with type I diabetes--but I asked her to feed us, and she did!

Wednesday, November 10th
     Today, I am thankful for Callie, who took Nate all morning so he wouldn't get under the movers' feet.  It is a good thing, too, because he would not come in the house once he got home.  He wandered around the front yard mingling with the four hispanic guys who loaded up the truck today.  One of them sang while he worked.  When they drove away they slowed down so they could all wave at Nate.
     I'm thankful that I got to slip away while they loaded the truck to deliver some non-moveable things to Tammy's and then stop for a pedicure, and have lunch with Meredith who I missed on Sunday.
     And I am very grateful for little things, like pulling open a drawer and finding what you need, having soap and a towel near the sink, and having a laundry basket to put dirty clothes in.

1 comment:

Jules said...

Well I am not thankful at all! Not thankful that you're leaving tomorrow and really quite sad to think I may have missed giving you hugs and Bauer & Nate saying goodbye to each other... I'll text you in the am, but if we miss you-- I'm sorry! Should have hugged you last night! I am thankful for you though Katie and what a wonderful friend you are! We are going to miss you TERRIBLY!!! Good luck and we'll visit!