Sunday, November 14, 2010

More Thanksgiving...

Thursday, November 11th
     I was thankful we made it to the airport in time, and the kids were so good for our flight to California.  There was no fighting!  I still can't believe it.

Friday, November 12th
     Not the easiest day--with the kids used to being in school we had a hard time staying occupied.  But I was grateful to be in Cali and have a day to lay low.

Saturday, November 13th
     Today I was so thankful for a shop vac!  I know it sounds strange, but that thing made me feel so much better about the new house!  We went down today to clean, it has been empty for a while and was not in the best shape.  I was grateful to have Nana and Papa come down with us, their extra hands and expertise were so helpful!
     Justin (the best husband ever) took the shop vac and vacuumed around all the ceiling corners and windows, picking up cobwebs, spiders, and dead ants.  Ahh, now I'm not so creeped out by the messiness.  He also cleaned the pool, it was filled with leaves.
     Larry went around with some spackle, filling the million little holes in preparation for my major painting project.  Which is paint the WHOLE house.  He helped Justin learn about how to take care of the pool and helped to try to get the pilot light on the water heater lit.  (No luck there but we think it's because the gas is not on yet.)
     Dee took the girls and washed windows.  Bless her soul!  The house has lots of windows and they are one of my favorite features, especially now that they are all sparkly clean.  She also saved all the cleaning supplies from Mark and Carrie, when they moved to Dallas a few months ago.  Thank you!  I didn't have to go out and buy tons of cleaners.  In fact, I don't need to get any!
     I vacuumed the carpet and tile, more dead ants, and cleaned the kitchen.
     Nate ran around and got his feet dirty.  After we left Nate told me, "I want to go home!"  I felt bad, he has told me that several times in the last couple days.  I think the changes have been hard on him.  But then he said, "I want to go home to our new house!"  Yippee!  He likes it.   So hopefully we will settle in soon and get a comfortable routine.

2 comments:

Shanna said...

You made it! Yippee! I hope it continues to go great! I need pics of your new digs. Pool? Hello! How fun!

dawnanne said...

what!? you moved? i guess we are really out of the loop--good thing for blog,s haha! we need to see pics of the new house, etc. congratulations--california hmmm?.. nice, weather, makes me miss it--snow here today in provo!