Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Don't get it

I have been spending lots of time and energy trying to get good at coupon shopping. I'm so irritated with it tonight. I spent hours clipping coupons, matching them up from the Sunday paper and cellfire and shortcuts. I borrowed my SIL's subscription to a grocery game website to print up the shopping list with available coupons, which I gathered all together. I spent almost two hours at the store finding just the right size and quantity of things I needed to double up good sales with good coupons. I did not buy things that were not on sale or not on my list. I even went at night so I could focus and not worry about keeping Nate from opening candy or answering Ashley's million questions.

So why can't I match up to the savings that are reported to me by my clever SIL and the mom's who blog about couponing? Arrgh!

Lets hear it friends, how do you do with your money saving attempts? I need some more tips.

7 comments:

Mary said...

Yeah, I don't even try! I should start but I have the same problem as you: too time consuming, and too much work!

cat said...

my secret is to go to costco and don't leave without spending at least 300 dollars. my other secret is super-walmart and that is another 300 dollars every time i go.
yeah. i pretty much suck at that couponing.
sorry. no help.
i did post a picture of my fatness though on my blog. feel free to snicker!

cat said...

okay, now i posted it!

Susanne said...

I didn't find it worth it once we didn't have a store that did double coupons. I stick to my local WinCo for canned goods and non-perishables and Costco usually for meats. I've been thinking about going back to couponing... but haven't yet convinced myself to give it a go. Good luck!

Carrie L said...

I feel your pain--I clip every week but don't have the energy to to go through them all when I'm going shopping. Ugh!

Mary Kay said...

No help here. I gave up long ago. I found it to be much too time consuming and most of the coupons were for products I don't really use and wouldn't use if not for the coupon. Especially the food coupons, most if not all of them are for processed foods that aren't good for you anyway in the long run. If I find a coupon for a product I use anyway, then maybe I'll clip it. The other problem I have is remembering to use the coupons I clip. I often buy the product and completely forget to pull out the coupon! But I definitely don't go out of my way to find coupons and organize them. Let me know if you figure it out!)

The Queen said...

I have given up for now. It is so overwhelming I don't know where to start. I did just read a post from My Litter of Six that said it would take about 6 months to all really come together.