Thursday, May 8, 2008

SAHM

Last night I slept with three children. Nate was in the closet as usual, Ashley came down at 4am and stuck her feet in my ribs, and I had the baby moniter in Emma's room so she could call me if she needed pain medicine (she had a ganglion cyst removed from her knee yesterday.) Then I woke up at 7am to Camille slamming my door and getting loudly angry because she didn't get to snuggle with us before I said it was breakfast time.

The two middle girls continued to have issues and fighting over who sat by mom at breakfast, who got conditioner first, who got out of the tub first, whether they rinsed hair with a cup or lying down, who got lotion first (are you getting a common theme here), what they wore, what they could eat for snacks, whether they rode in carseats or not (seriously--like I ever let them ride without), in the car over what they had written on ziplock bags several days ago, and on and on and on. No wonder it's 9:30 and I want to go back to bed.

My brother said to me when he got up, "no wonder all those stay at home moms do drugs." I laughed and said, "Yeah, maybe I should try that. Pick me up something on your way home."

P.S. Ashley just told me with her best pouty voice, "Mommy! You always do that! Hop on the computer quick so I can't have a turn! And, I want some Gatorade!" What a glamorous life I have.

4 comments:

Susanne said...

I had to smile at this post. I'll hope that the rest of the day smooths out for your sake... and that tomorrow doesn't start with the same junk. Though, knowing kids, it just might! Wish you could come over and hang out without worries...

cat said...

seriously sounds like my day yesterday (except a lot more hitting each other). i love the comment about computer too. i was heading to rebecca's house the other day and freddy told me that it isn't any fun there because reb and i spend the whole time on the computer! nice.
about the drugs. i wish justin wasn't so straight because now he is a doctor - he could really hook me up!

Tamara said...

Well, it may not be glamorous but you sure make it look good. :)

Michelle said...

hmmm... I could have written this. But, there would have been hitting, and the words pee-pee, poo-poo, tushie, toot, armpit, stink, potty, etc., adding in all over. By the boys, mind you, not me. ;)
Hope things are going better for you!