Sunday, January 20, 2008

when life slows down

If it ever does...I haven't forgotten your tag Camille. I have been thinking lots about my goals and haven't had time to sit at the computer.

Things I've learned in 2007:

1. Despite all the sad or hard stuff that happens, life is good.
2. I love my mom.
3. It's better to leave while you are still having fun.
4. My family is my most important work, and if I treat it that way my life is easier.


Goals for 2008:

1. Read the biography of John Adams, a favorite book of my Dad's I started and never finished.
2. Run a 5k. Pathetic I know, but they have to be realistic.
3. Look each of my children in the eyes, every day.
4. Take a photography class.
5. Organize my home videos and burn them onto dvd.
6. Learn how to post video on my blog.

I may have to add or edit later, but I didn't want to put it off anymore.

4 comments:

Mugs said...

Kate, these are awesome. Look your kids in the eyes every day...I love that. I've never really thought about it before. And a 5K is not pathetic. I fully believe that every mile deserves a standing ovation. You are a champ.

Susanne said...

Those are great, Kate. I've always thought about New Year's Resolutions. but not so much about what I learned in the year past. Makes me think more about it and its the kind of thing that's always good to think more about! I think I had that same outfit that Nathan is wearing in your nativity scene for Simon. Boys are so cute.

Mugs said...

Kate,
Can you please email me your address? I send out valentine's every year, and I want to send one to you my sweets!

Susanne said...

The new look for your blog totally threw me for a loop! But, I like it anyhow. How're your goals coming? Mine are kinda mediocre when it comes to keeping up with them... *sigh* Have a great day!