Sunday, August 10, 2008

Happy Birthday Emma

Those eyes!

Emma had her eighth birthday this week. She will be baptized next month, my first child. I can't believe it. She is such a good kid. She is a straight arrow, always trying to do right and also make sure all the rest of us do, too! She is so responsible, she does what I ask without me nagging her. She takes care of her own homework, and does well in school. She is so self motivated, she taught herself to ride a bike and swim. She loves to read and I often find her at night reading in her room. (I can't tell her to stop because I did the very same thing.) She likes to surprise me by unloading the dishwasher and doing the dishes for me. Nate adores her, because she takes care of him so much. She often goes in to get him when he wakes up early in the morning. She can get him out of his crib, take him downstairs and make him a bottle. She walks him all over the house by letting him hold her fingers. He will jump ship from my arms to hers anytime. He gets super excited when she walks in the room.

She is a wild brave girl. She loves to play rough, and will try anything. I still can't believe she did that crazy rope swing we found at Jordanelle resevoir in Park City. It was a 15 foot drop! She handled it like a champ and even went back for seconds. She likes a wild tube ride behind the boat. She has loved the water since I first took her to the pool in Cali at about 5 months old. She also has had that great brown skin since that day. She gets so dark and tan. She will stay in the pool for hours and hours, and hours.

We love you Emma, we couldn't ask for a better firstborn! Happy Birthday.

7 comments:

Tamara said...

Thanks for letting us come to your party, Emma! We had a great time. Oh, and I thought of one more thing that makes me love you. You are GF just like me so I'm no longer the lone freak! Now we're our own secret underground cool kids club. Love you Emmers!

Shanna said...

Kennedi was just saying yesterday how she wished Emma still lived here. So do I! Wish we could be at the baptism.

cat said...

she really is such a doll gorgeous and sweet. i still remember seeing her when she was teeny-tiny and loving her cute little frown!
happy birthday emma!

cat said...

oh yeah, i saw your picture on grabs blog - man you look GOOD!!! i love your haircut. beautiful.

Mugs said...

Of all your kids, Katie, I think Emma resembles you the most. I don't know them personally, but from what I can see, she is a little Kate. What a beautiful girl!

Michelle said...

Wow, I totally cant believe that she is 8! It seems like just the other day Susanne, you and I would hang out with our little firstborn babes. Man they grow up too fast. Happy birthday, Emma!

Nickell said...

I can't believe she's 8! It seems like just yesterday you were in labor on my front porch while Justin played baseball!