Friday, November 2, 2012

Happy November!

I did this a couple years ago, and it helped me enjoy Thanksgiving so much more.  It makes me feel happier.

TODAY, I am thankful that Halloween is over, and I am thankful that I didn't have any activities scheduled tonight.  It seems that each year Halloween gets harder.  It's so much work!  I'm grateful all the parties and planning are over, and I can put away the Halloween mess.  If only I had the willpower to chuck all the candy....

Anyways.  It was a beautiful day to recover from the chaos.  I helped in Nate's classroom this morning, did a few errands to get ready for his belated birthday party Saturday, and actually made a complete dinner.  Pasta with a creamy sausage sauce and steamed broccoli.

Nate calls broccoli "super-food."  I think he got it from his transitional kindergarten (TK) teacher.  He has been more willing to eat certain super-foods that he talked about in class--wuhoo!--although tonight he only nibbled off the tops of his broccoli.  Still, it's an improvement from the nonstop candy he has been eating for the last five days!











Spidey, who chose his costume early and never wavered.












Emma and her friend Brittany











Ash, who begged and begged for me to order this costume online.














Camille with friends Madison and Lauren.


No comments: