Monday, September 13, 2010

Came, and went...

I wish I knew why good times pass by quickly and bad times linger.  The weeks have dragged on, but the weekends Justin comes home fly too fast!  He came late Friday night, and we had fun all weekend doing nothing special.

Saturday morning we slept in, got up and got word of a showing for the house (Hoooray!) so we hustled to clean up and get out.  I did the inside and Justin mowed the lawn.  Then we took the kids and went for ice cream, at 10:30 am.  Braums is such a great place!

After that we went to the pool, then came home and had afternoon naps.  At least, the grown ups did.  Saturday night Justin and I left Emma in charge--thanks to my sister in law Michelle's ingenious babysitting strategy--and we went out for a quick dinner.

Sunday was business as usual, church, lunch, more naps, and chicken tacos for dinner.  But somehow, just because he was home, everything was more fun.  I miss him teasing the kids, and me, or helping out around the house.  Telling the kids to stop fighting, or to get ready for bed.  It is...just how it should be.

Nate came into our room Sunday morning, and ran right back out shouting, "DADDY'S STILL HERE!!!"  Ahh, cute kid.  I thought the same thing!  This morning we got up early and I took him back to the airport.  And tonight when the kids are in bed I'll sigh.  It's just not the same without Dad!


2 comments:

Susanne said...

I don't know how you're managing, Kate! I **HATE** when John isn't around. I'm in for it in October for a few weeks... let's hope we all survive.

I do need to know about Michelle's babysittng strategy sometime though...

Katie L. said...

So brilliant! You pay the oldest kid $2 and each younger kid $1, IF and only if the little kids say the oldest was a good sitter and the sitter says the kids were good. That way they have to work together to get their money. My kids are HIGHLY motivated by money, especially Emma. She begs me to leave! It works best if you have cash when you come home.