Monday, September 10, 2007

baby connisseur


I almost got out my old french dictionary to check out the spelling on that word, then figured the four people who read this blog wouldn't care!

So we were at a Mexican restaurant in Park City with the family and Justin and I got horchata. (Just in case it's a rice milk drink with cinnamon in it.) We love it. Ashley tried a sip and said, "mmmmm, cinnamon!" You've just got to love a two-year-old fat kid who can pick out spices in new foods!
These other pictures are to illustrate another funny habit of Basher's. She loves to block the way and say, "what's the password?" It is usually bibbity-boppety-boo, please, por favor, abre, or other things like that. Sometimes she makes you say several. It struck me as so funny at gigantic Sunset Park that the little tiny thing ran ahead to "block" the path.

10 comments:

Mugs said...

This is hilarious. She could have her own little spot on the food network. "Basher's Spices"...yeah, or something much more cool than that. Love her nickname.

Mugs said...

p.s. thanks for the comment Kate. I should've done cross country with you. Unfortunately that particular passion didn't really begin until my senior year. Thanks for swimming though. "This is not a race for grace!!" grrrrr.

Tamara said...

Hilarious. I wish I could have been there for that. I can totally see her face when she said it. For real, you gotta love that kid.

I've got to see your kids again. When will the next time be? And I've got to meet your new little guy. Did you guys settle on naming in Rodrigo yet? Because if not, I highly recommend that.

Katie L. said...

Tams, come out in November when we bless him. You can hold the squisy one and I'll find you guys a nice place to stay. I promise I won't make you share the mattress that Ashley peed on yesterday.

cat said...

i know, how about both you and tammy come to seattle and stay with me! i have room for all.
the little 2 year old spice girl is my kind of girl! freddy asked my sister the other day if the salsa was "fresh" if so, he didn't want any of it. yep, we are food snobs.:)

Tamara said...

I appreciate that Clark. As much as I love Basher, I don't think I want to be close to her in that way.

I'd love to hold the squishy one. I hope he doesn't end up being an anorexic baby. I want to see lots of rolls...more than I have.

Although, now that I think about it, I think we should DEFINITELY make a trip up to Seattle to go se Catorin. How fun would that be?

Katie L. said...

Wouldn't a food snob prefer fresh salsa? And you'll have to come see me here--then you have another baby and I'll come see you!

Tamara said...

So if I have one, then will everyone come see me? I mean, a girl's got to plan, you understand. I feel like that would really be taking one for the team but if it gets me some company in TX, I'm in...

Tamara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cat said...

kate, as much as i want to see you, i think that it is YOUR turn. (and don't try that old baby excuse on me!) i actually talked to juz about when our next trip is.
grabs, when you have your kid (your triplet girls), i will come and see you. i will even sport big hair in honor of tex-ass!
oh yeah, and thanks for pointing out the typo K, he only likes "chachies" salsa or mine.
AND i DO want the pee mattress.
love you both!!!