Sunday, November 28, 2010

More Thanksgiving catch up

Monday, Nov. 22nd
     We slept in and had a late breakfast :)  I did some laundry, and planned on spending the day getting organized and ready to spend the week in Valencia with the Lisonbees.  We had tentatively planned to leave Tuesday morning, but Michelle called me and said they were headed down so we threw our stuff in the car and made it to Lisonbees by afternoon.  The drive takes about an hour and a half, on a good day.
     It was so fun to see Larry, Dee, Brett, and Michelle and her kids.  The kids picked up right where they left off and played so well together.  I'm grateful to have cousins around!

Tuesday, Nov. 23rd
     Hung out at Lisonbees and played with cousins.  Thankful for a slow day.  The kids were busy playing and I got to sit and visit with Michelle and another friend Judy.

Wednesday, Nov. 24th
     Michelle and I went down to the fashion district and shopped.  WOW!  I can't wait to take my mom there, it reminded me of Canal St. in New York.  A bunch of tiny shops packed with fabric, shoes, jewelry, buttons, trims, lace, ribbons, zippers, luggage, clothes, beads, and good deals!  We had so much fun!  I was grateful to get away and do a little Christmas shopping.  Thank you Nana, for being in charge of 8 wild children while Michelle and I played!
     Kids played happily with their cousins.

Thursday, Nov. 25th
     We woke up and started crafting, making ribbon flowers.  Everybody did a little part of the dinner and we had a fantastic Thanksgiving.  I was grateful to be with so many family members.  It makes me happy.

Friday, Nov. 26th
     The Lisonbees are a laid back bunch, and Friday was mostly spent watching college football games on TV.  Poor Justin kept track of 8 games, and all 8 of his preferred teams lost.  But I'm so grateful that he is beyond the stage when it would put in him a foul mood.  We laughed about it.  And he was good enough to let me escape Friday night with Dee, Kristin, and Michelle.  We had a girls night out at the movies.  I'm always thankful when Justin supports my need for escape and girl time.  He is so good about it.

Saturday, Nov. 27th
     Another quiet hang out day.  We hung around Lisonbees visiting and watching football until about 4 pm, then after BYU lost to U of U we drove home.  The drive was long, but Justin let me drive his car by myself.  Again, thankful for Justin taking care of me.

And today, Sunday, Nov. 28th
     Today I am thankful that my mom comes on Tuesday to help me get on with sorting through all this mess!  I am so overwhelmed, I just don't know where to put things so I have stopped unpacking.  There are still boxes stacked around, and many things to fix.  Above all, the entire house is original builder white, or would be if not for all the scuffs, wire holes, and smudges on the walls.  It needs fresh paint, and badly.  I can't wait to get my work buddy out here and start going to town making this old house a beautiful home. 

Hah!  I caught up!

No comments: